Our six-week Fellowship will provide two recent high school graduates with a unique platform to advocate for strong gun laws through New York-based media, educate and mobilize young people in Manhattan communities, and strengthen bonds between the emerging youth movement and existing networks of advocates and survivors in New York City.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old by July 5, 2018.
- Applicants must graduate from high school by July 5, 2018.
- Applicants must commit to attend the entire program from July 5, 2018 – August 10, 2018, Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 4:30pm.
- Applicants must be personally affected by gun violence in their schools, communities, or families.
- A one-page resume
- 500-word essay discussing (1) how you have been affected by gun violence, and (2) how you would use this Fellowship opportunity to advocate for strong gun laws.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or employer – may be uploaded by the student or emailed by the recommender to GCAFellowship@dany.nyc.gov.
Please read the application carefully and complete each field accurately. Make sure you put your last and first name in the appropriate boxes. Do not submit duplicate applications. Attach only Word or PDF documents. You will receive an automated confirmation email once your application has been submitted. We respond to all applications.
Applications must be submitted by April 5, 2018 at 5:00 pm (Eastern Time).