Our Fellowship will provide a unique platform to create and implement gun violence prevention policies and strategies. This could include educating and mobilizing young people in Manhattan communities around the issue of gun violence, advocating for strong gun laws through New York-based media, and strengthening bonds between young adults and existing networks of advocates and survivors.
The Fellowship is an ideal opportunity for an independent self-starter to create a meaningful summer experience. Fellows will be based in the Community Partnerships Unit, and will participate in collaborative opportunities across the Office, including the Crime Strategies Unit, Legislative Affairs, Communications, and the Manhattan D.A. Academy. At the end of the program, Fellows will present innovative, youth-focused policy or legislative solutions to address gun violence based on the insight gained during their time at the D.A.’s Office.
- Fellows must attend the entire program from Tuesday, July 5th – Friday, August 26th, 2022.
- Fellows will participate in-person, Monday – Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Applicants must be college students, or high school/GED students graduating by June 2022.
- Personal experience with gun violence in school, the community, and/or family is preferred.
- A stipend will be provided.
- A one-page resume
- A 300 word essay discussing your personal experience with gun violence
- Recommendation letter(s) – may be uploaded by the student or emailed by the recommender to GVPFellowship@dany.nyc.gov
Applications for our 2022 Fellowship open February 4, 2022. All applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm (EST) on April 22, 2022.
Please use Chrome or Firefox to access the application, which is presently incompatible with Internet Explorer.
Email us with questions at GVPFellowship@dany.nyc.gov
Meet previous Fellows!