The Manhattan District Attorney’s High School Internship Program is a rigorous internship that provides students with an insider’s view of the criminal justice system. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in workshops and discussions surrounding criminal justice, police brutality, civic engagement, leadership, and more.
Program participants will take part in a series of presentations and conversations with staff in order to build a foundational understanding of how policies are developed and implemented, and of how academic and career paths can result in moving justice forward.
For nearly 30 years, the program’s interns have represented a variety of public, independent, and parochial schools from the diverse communities of Manhattan. We will be accepting applications from bright and promising students interested in serving their communities from January 31 – March 4, 2022.
- Applicants must live in or attend school in Manhattan (no exceptions)
- Applicants must be current sophomores, juniors, or seniors
- Applicants must commit to attending one of the two available 4-week internship sessions:
- Virtual Session 1: July 5-29, 2022
- Virtual Session 2: August 1-26, 2022
- Interns will participate virtually Monday through Friday from 11 am – 1 pm, with the possibility of in-person opportunities contingent upon COVID-19
The application opens January 31, 2022, and closes on March 4, 2022, at 5:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time). Applicants must provide the following:
- One-page resume
- 300-word essay discussing your interest in criminal justice (for example, you may submit an essay discussing what “one standard of justice for all” means to you)