The New York County District Attorney’s High School Internship Program is a rigorous internship that provides students with an insider’s view of the criminal justice system. Each intern is assigned to a unit within the Office and helps Assistant District Attorneys and other staff members with their work. Interns also attend presentations and trips and participate in a mock trial competition.
For nearly 30 years, the program’s interns have represented a variety of public, independent, and parochial schools from the diverse communities of Manhattan. We will be accepting applications in February from bright and promising students who are interested in serving their communities. Interns receive a $175 weekly stipend.
- Applicants must live in Manhattan or attend school in Manhattan (no exceptions will be made)
- Applicants must be sophomores, juniors or seniors in high school at the time they apply (current freshmen may not apply)
- Applicants must commit to attending the entire program from July 8, 2019 through August 9, 2019, Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM (students will not be permitted to start after July 8 or leave before August 9)
Applications will be accepted online only starting February 11, 2019 through March 11, 2019 at 5:00pm (Eastern Standard Time). Applicants will be required to attach the following:
- A one-page resume
- A 300-word essay discussing why you want to intern at the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office or describing your interest in criminal justice
- A letter of recommendation – may be uploaded by the student or emailed by the recommender to HighSchoolInternship@dany.nyc.gov